Friday, June 5, 2009

4-Year Check-Up

She's almost all smiles now.... but on Wednesday, Isabella had her 4-year check up and had to get 4 shots. I prepared her this time because last time she got shots, it was SOOO heartbreaking!! She was terrified! So, this time, on Wednesday morning, I told her she was going to have to get shots and on the way to her doctor's office, she told me she was scared. We made a plan that she would look at my face and I would smile at her to keep her happy. She did SO amazing!!! By the time it was time for her shots, she laid down on the table and I leaned down over her and she was hugging me really tight. I reminded her of our idea and she let go a little so she could look at my face. I was smiling at her and she was smiling at me while the first two shots went in. When the third one went in, she said "ouch" and started laughing because I laughed. They saved the worst for last. When the fourth one went in, she tensed up and her eyes filled with tears. The nurse said this one stung pretty bad and that's why they save it for last. She did SOOOO good!!! I picked her up and told her it was okay for her to cry and she let out a sad little cry that lasted about 5 minutes. I was SO proud of her!! Her legs are still sore and she's still afraid for anything to touch them but she sure is a trooper!
Isabella weighed in at 42 lbs. (90%) and is 42 inches tall (90%). She had an eye and ear exam this time and she passed both with flying colors!
Thank you God for my beautiful and healthy children!!!
The following day, Anthony went in for his 11-year shots that he has to have to enter middle school. He was eager to get them done "because he forgot what shots felt like". He soon realized that he didn't like what they felt like! The nurse was pretty rough and jabbed the needle in without much warning. He didn't like that very much! My poor kids! At least now they're both done with shots for a LONG time!

No comments: