Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fairhaven Runners Waterfront 15k

Well, I do admit, I've gone mad. I participated in the Waterfront 15k (9.3 mile) race this morning - boy am I exhausted! We started at the Fairhaven Village Green and went down to the end of the harbor, a little ways past Zuanich Point Park and looped around to head back to the Village Green.

Over the last 6 months, I've done the Haggen to Haggen 5k (3.1 mile) race, the Greater Bellingham Running Club 5 mile race, and the 7-mile Chuckanut Foot Race, so I was in fact due for a 9-miler. A group of us from boot camp met up for the race, and then we had a BBQ at my instructors house this afternoon. It was a fun day! -- And I am SO ready for bed!! :)

Before I started boot camp this last January, I never even knew these races existed. Now I not only know they exist, but I'm actually participating in them. It's crazy, really, and it feels awesome!

Right after I finished the race...

2 comments:

The Oppewall's said...

That's so awesome Melissa! Steph and I are going to go to 11am story time tomorrow and then maybe hit the park after, e-mail me if you want to get together and I'll try and figure out where we'll be!

Unknown said...

goodness gracious! good for you!

you are looking good too, btw!