Tuesday, July 28, 2009

42nd Annual 7-mile Chuckanut Foot Race

My dad, his girlfriend, Paula, and I participated in the Chuckanut Foot Race on July 11th. This was my second year doing it and my dad's first ever timed foot race. After overcoming cancer and his surgery in January, he has been a walking machine and was really excited to do his first race. I walked the first three miles with my dad and Paula and then took off running/walking for the remaining 4 miles. I usually just run for a couple minutes and then walk for the same and switch back and forth doing that, but when I saw the 6 mile marker, I started running and ran the last mile without stopping to walk. Albert and Isabella met us at the finish line and we stayed for the festivities and then headed home. I am looking forward to doing this race again next year!

No comments: