Friday, October 31, 2008

Stoney Ridge Farm Field Trip

Yesterday, Isabella and I went to Stoney Ridge Farm with her pre-school class. It was so much fun! Isabella is still on the cranky side, I believe because of her cold and ear infection, but all in all, it was a fun trip. We started off looking at and feeding the animals and then moved on to snack time in the barn. Then, we went on a tour of the farm. It was great and even I learned stuff about bees and apples that I never knew! :) Then we went on a hay/wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch, corn maze and apple orchard. We left with little pumpkins, apples and fresh apple cider! Isabella missed her pre-school harvest party on Tuesday because she was sick, so she wore her Minnie Mouse costume to the pumpkin patch instead. Next time, we would like to take Daddy and Dadu to the farm with us!

Isabella picking her favorite pumpkin to take home
She thought this looked like a good picture place
Izzie riding the hay horse
Samantha and Isabella having snack and goofing off
Learning about apples
Learning about bees and where they live
Samantha and Isabella in the corn maze
Checking out the ears of corn growing on the stocks
Isabella showing me the food she is going to feed the animals
She let the goat lick the food off her hand
Silly girl- I had to put this on here just because of the face :)
Izzie and Mommy riding the wagon
It was a fun day!

No comments: